Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Chairs


The bus from Delhi to Chandigarh was a back-breaker. The seats did not recline, though they were at an angle, the angle ensured maximum discomfort. There was not much space between rows so one got the feeling of being in a cockpit and being surrounded by other cockpits.

I found a comfortable position for my back but the neck had a bad time. Not only did the rocking of the bus ensure my neck lolled around but the seats were devious enough not to give any support to my neck. The seat just sat back and watched my neck do bungee jumps whenever I dropped off to sleep which would ultimately end in my being violently plucked out from the land of nod.

The bus stopped for a snack at 1 am on the highway and I saw these chairs lined up on the road. They were made of cane. They all faced the road as if the road provided entertainment during the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the imagery you create is nice even without the photos, sameer. but the photos are really nice. you could probably put up a photo exhibition one day!