Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I am such a sweet guy !

Okay what was said was that I am a ‘lovely person’ and that may be true, but the context was that this person had just finished saying that she was not interested in me. So the compliment turned out to be a ‘little hut’ when compared to the ‘castle’ I was building.

Over the years I have become a collector of such vague terms and the manner in which it has been collected has been the same (says a lot about my consistency). If anyone needs to know what to say after ‘NOT INTERESTED’ please do come to me, I have an enviable repository.

I have been told that the aim of life is to attain (seek, if one is less than perfect) perfection, to become known for some skill. From the emerging pattern it seems that I have chosen to provide people (read women) an opportunity to exercise their option. And it seems that I am getting better at it.

And how do I know that? You may ask. Well none of the other women have ever used the above mentioned term with me. They usually stick to something desultory like ‘nice’ and similes thereof.

Therefore it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that over time and through the various ‘nay sayers’ I have been able to draw out the best in them. So what if it is only with their vocabularies. The conclusion one can draw from all this is that I am improving and am well on my way to attain perfection.

But with my steady progress towards perfection am I doing anything about the otherside of the coin – getting known for a particular skill? I would give a confident yes, what with 6 degrees of separation, almost all the women being in the same city and the paucity of watering holes. This leads to another question – whether there is a particular type of woman that is interested in ‘word skills’. I don’t think so, my school of thought ensures that I be very eclectic. So do people (read women) flock to me to improve their vocabulary? The answer is no, maybe it’s because I am not famous enough (but by the way things are going I know it’s not too far away).

I realise that there is every chance that vocabulary levels may not always be on an upward gradient, which could jeopardise the completion of my vocation. This is an unfortunate debility of my chosen path. However I see a way out, next time round I am going to have handy Rogets Thesaurus and a list of words that have been used. After the solemn ‘NOT INTERESTED’ invocation I shall present the list of words that have already been used along with a Rogets Thesaurus, this will undoubtedly ensure that not only the quality of my list improves but also the lady in question updates her arsenal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sameera, this has heavy devadas overtones, man. how come no photos of the ones who are teaching you and getting taught by you in all these classes on vocabulary?